Road closure of B684, Mapperley Plains starting from 24th January 2022
We would like to ask all visitors to our crematorium to allow extra time for travelling due to ongoing Severn Trent works on a water main on B684, Mapperley Plains. Please download Severn Trent’s full communication here Gedling Road Closure Jan22.pdf.
Access to the Crematorium can be made via Catfoot Lane through Lambley Village and this is adding approximately 10 minutes to journey times. Pedestrian access is still available at both ends of Catfoot Lane.
Pond redevelopment at Gedling Crematorium
Gedling Crematorium has been part of ongoing discussions and meetings with regards to redeveloping the pond area in our memorial grounds. Following on from this, we are delighted to announce that the redevelopment of this area has been approved and started on Monday 1st November 2021.
Whilst the improvement works take place, the pond area will be corned off however, the grounds and all memorials will be accessible throughout our usual opening times. The office staff will also be working closely with the construction team who will be on site between Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
We would also like to assure all visitors that the works will cause no disruption to any chapel services that will be taking place here at Gedling.
We would like to thank all visitors to Gedling Crematorium for their patience and co-operation in regards to these works and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Should any questions arise please do not hesitate to contact the crematorium office.
Spring is the perfect time to visit our sites and remember your loved ones.
Our grounds and offices are now fully open (with proportionate Covid safety precautions). Book of remembrance rooms (where present) are also now open.
Whilst restrictions are relaxing, we want to ensure we continue to provide an environment that is safe and where people feel at ease and are aware of the remaining measures.
Covid Precautions (Update 28/03/2022):
- The wearing of face coverings is no longer a requirement; however, we recognise and respect that some mourners and colleagues may still choose to wear face coverings.
- We continue to encourage good hand hygiene the use of hand sanitiser in and around our buildings.
- We continue to well ventilate our buildings where possible to allow for good airflow.
- There is no maximum cap on the number of attendees at funeral services and we will endeavour to accommodate as many mourners as comfortably possible within our chapels.
- Regular cleaning is undertaken between services to multi-touch points (e.g., door handles, lecterns, catafalques, backs of pews) and a full clean of the chapel is undertaken at the end of every working day.
- Singing is now allowed within our chapels, although mourners are encouraged to wear face coverings due to the increased aerosol production when singing.
- We offer now the witness charging of coffins as normal.
- Curtains may remain open and for mourners to walk up to the coffin to touch/place flowers.
- We welcome donations and collections to be carried out by the Funeral Directors using their own donation boxes or encourage families to make use of online charitable giving sites.
- Mourners are requested to observe as far as possible current Government advice regarding public health measures to limit spread of the virus.
We are fully open to assist you with enquiries regarding memorials.
Please download a digital version of our Memorial Brochure or complete the enquiry form on the Brochure Request page.
We would be delighted to talk to you over the telephone or meet you in person and show you our beautifully landscaped Garden of Remembrance.
Memorials update – 28 July 2021
Due to events beyond our control resulting from significantly delayed shipments from overseas, memorial orders are currently being received later than expected. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. We are endeavouring to limit any disruption to a minimum.
If you are considering purchasing a memorial, we encourage you to place your order at the earliest opportunity to ensure its installation as early as possible.
Thank you for your understanding. If you have any enquiries, please contact the Crematorium Office.